November 20th, 2007 at 6:03am
Here at ClassifiedsPH, we regularly try to keep away scam posts, but as an individual, you can also follow these steps to protect yourself:
1. Meetups are always more preferable
2. The email address on the ad says a lot about the legitimacy of an ad.
3. Ads from foreigners can be potential scams – To determine if the ad is a scam, you can copy the posted email or a portion of the ad and search for it in google. If it’s a scam, chances are google will return results of links pertaining to people complaining about that ad
4. Do not send money for work at home directories or start-up kits or contact lists. Legitimate employers don’t charge to hire you or to get you started.
5. Get details from your employers and learn more about the job before committing to anything.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKsEf2aPnms shows a useful tutorial on the subject. You can view it below.